Anne has over 18 years of researching political and military aspects in both the UK and South Africa.
- The National Archives, Imperial War Museum, British Library in London
- The National Archives of South Africa (Pretoria and Cape Town), Brenthurst & Wits Libraries and the SANDF archive – on an annual basis
- Other archives in both countries are visited as research demands
- Photographing specific documents in archives where photographs are permitted (fee quote per number of documents copied)
- Transcribing material where photographs are not permitted (fee quote per hour of research and location)
- Sourcing information on individuals, events or topics (fee quote per hour of research and location)
- Writing up narratives on findings (fee quote per hour or 1/2 day)
- Proofreading of material for publication (quote per number of words/document)
- All proposals will be discussed and actions/time-frames agreed before work is undertaken.
- Regular updates are provided where assignments are long-term.
- Travel to and from archives is not included in the cost unless a special trip is requested.
- Where there is a charge to obtain documents, this will be accounted and charged for separately at cost.
Sample of recent research projects:
- Anglo-Boer War columns and individuals, document sourcing
- Peninsular War individuals for medal catalogue
- Pre-World War 1 West African colonial official